Saturday 3 March 2012

2 years later...

If you had told me back then, never in a month of Sundays would I believe you. But yes, here I am, writing this post from California. Where I live. Permanently. How life works, eh?

We visited family Christmas 2010, decided to move back (something about sunshine and fresh fruit I think) and seven months later we did! I still can't believe it. It's eight months as of yesterday that we've been here.

Benefits? The afore mentioned sunshine (it's early March and kid 2 is playing outside - this doesn't always happen without getting wet in England), family and friends are nearby, the beauty of where we live now (Northern California Central Valley), I can buy Girl Scout cookies again...

What do we miss... Ask my husband? Nothing. Kids are desperate for their friends. I miss family and friends very much. I will miss being able to drive to France every summer and other cool travel destinations. (The Maldives are SO FAR from SFO...) There's a lot of food I miss oddly. Golden Syrup is a key ingredient in flapjacks (no, they are not pancakes, think oaty buttery sweet goodness) and I do love me some flapjacks. And double cream. I've gone to drinking my coffee black in protest. And it was easier to get responsibly farmed meat over there. I'm not a fan of the feedlot.

So, yeah, lots of change. We're glad we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment