Sunday 4 August 2013

I've had to stop canning for a while. Partly because of this:



(this is just part of the ongoing tomato harvest)

And partly cause I have no more room to keep it all. It's too hot round here too keep the jars in my garage and I am not fortunate enough to have a pantry in my house. Plus, I am limited to what I can can as I don't have a pressure canner (yet.) So we just have pickles and relishes, jams and syrups. And plenty of them!

But this doesn't stop the fruit and veg from continuing to grow... (especially those damn zucchinis!) So today I did this:



Went to a lovely friend's house the other night and she plied me with peach sangria. It was DEE-vine and before we knew it we'd necked a pitcher of it. Oops. I'll have to get the recipe from her but it was some combination of white wine, peach vodka, sliced peaches, sugar and something else? Funnily enough, I can't remember...

So I was inspired to make this peach voddy...

Put some peaches in a jar, a bit of sugar (I used light brown) and fill up the jar with cheap vodka. I'll maybe strain it in a few days (or when I remember) and put it in a clean jar. 

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment