Thursday 14 January 2010

Well Georgia, as you can see, I DID get dragged down into that vast pit that is inertia. Seems like everything is getting a bit slow to start this year... Schools are shut cause of the snow - not ours anymore, but Scotland, Wales and parts of England still seem to be buried. And snow is halting me going back to work through the cancellations of many evenings when I should be out flogging my wares and trying to make some money!

I am (as the one or two people reading this know so it seems a bit silly to say here) a consultant with a direct selling company which I suppose really ought to remain nameless to protect the (not so) innocent. I do love my job but it sometimes means having to convince people that they want to have a party when they are all just acting a bit English and come over all, "Oh nooooo, I couldn't ask my friends to come over and have to buy something!" (My answer is, You don't ask them to buy something, you ask them to come over, have a drink and watch a cooking show!! The idea is to have some fun, people.) So they are all using the snow as an excuse to not have a show. Listen, if I can get out, take the kids to school, do my shopping, and get to the in-laws then surely your guests won't have a problem getting to you. After all, I know SO many people who are just desperate to get out of the house! So, that said, we are rescheduling and people are happy to come when we thaw a bit more. (I meant the snow, not the English...)

No comments:

Post a Comment